Too often we patronize teens with meaningless motivational messages. “You can do ANYTHING” is a phrase most teens have heard in some form or another, they immediately tune out, because they know… it’s not true! That is unfortunate because what IS true is that they can do a lot more than they think.
In this honest and real presentation, Mark shares real motivation tips that WORK. Leaving behind the empty platitudes, Mark gets to the core of how peak performers stay motivated and what teens can do to ensure that they set themselves up for success.
Using his powerful personal example, Mark shows students that if he can run 26.2 miles with someone else’s heart and lungs, they can achieve what they want to achieve – provided they are willing to do what it takes.
- Focus: You can’t do everything, but you can do something pretty amazing if you focus
- Vision: If you don’t know what you want, there is little chance you will get it.
- Planning: Goals aren’t realized overnight. They usually take years of dedicated effort. What is your action plan for success?
- Handling Failure: The question is not IF you will fail, but when. Are you ready?
- GrIt: If you will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes, you will find success
Duration: 50-65mins Suitable for: Grades 7-12 & University/College audiences